from the specimen drawer

from the specimen drawer

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tank Diaries

The results are in from the Porky experiment. The question was "Will Porky 'wear' non-organic items?" and here is the answer:

photo copyright 2009 by Heather Stoker


photo copyright 2009 by Heather Stoker


Jerry was very intrigued with the storm trooper helmet, too- but who wouldn't be?

photo copyright 2009 by Heather Stoker

And here is just a funny picture of Jerry hugging his dinner.
photo copyright 2009 by Heather Stoker

So.... I was supposed to post an invertebrate sonnet for Kevin Z. about snapping shrimp. Well, Kevin, I'm sorry to say I over estimated my poetry abilities. Here is the site I used to find sonnet rules: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/writing-a-sonnet.html. I just didn't know, Kevin! And I tried to do iambic pentameter and get my quatrains going but ALAS! Twas not to be! So, I humbly ask your forgiveness and offer you instead a double limerick. And I'll even draw you a picture of a snapping shrimp with a hat... playing poker or something...

Friday night- all about snapping shrimp.


4 comments:

  1. I love these photos! Carl and I were rooting for the lightsaber. But, the storm trooper hat is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light saber has mysteriously disappeared- I can't find it anywhere! Hmmmm... Maybe Jerry stashed it away somewhere (I wouldn't put it past him).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That's crazy...would love to hear if it turns up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will let you know. I will do some thorough searching later this week!

    ReplyDelete