From the specimen drawer

From the specimen drawer

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tube Anemone Limerick

Kevin Z. chose the tube anemone, or Cerianthid, for this Limerick's subject. The Cerianthid is not a true anemone (different taxonomic order) but a perfectly lovely invertebrate none-the-less. However, this animal, for some reason, did not prove to be a good Limerick muse. By the time I was finished with this poem, I really wished I had not run out of wine two nights ago. Anyway, here it is, Kevin. I hope you like it and appreciate the pain and suffering I experienced writing it.

Cerianthid
A house of organic con-du-it
(of cnidae and mucus he glued it).
In his tube he stays firm
Like a large, erect worm.
THE ORAL DISK!! Oops- he withdrew it.


Tomorrow... something gross...but cool!

1 comment: